Plains Exploration & Production Company
Senior Technical Support Coordinator
Information Technology – Houston
BASIC PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The incumbent will provide regular support duties as a member of the Support Center in order to provide quality first-level technical support to the customer community for problem assistance, determination and resolution relating to software, hardware, networks, and security.
The incumbent will respond to moderately complex user requests on a variety of system and network-related issues, monitor the health and status of systems, provide password support, assist with technical issues using available system tools, image, configure and deploy desktop/laptop devices and printers, escalate complex issues and training needs to the appropriate contact.
The incumbent should have in-depth knowledge of workstations/laptops, mobile devices, printers and related-equipment, using Microsoft Windows 7, Blackberry iOS operating environments, Active Directory, and Microsoft Office 2010.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Provides assistance with the configuration, deployment, maintenance and support of PC workstations, laptops, Smartphones, Tablets, printers and related devices in both network and wireless environments.
· Documents all problems, issues, resolution, and general questions through an established Service Management system.
· Maintains the security and integrity of equipment, file systems, granting access and permissions to applications using established procedures.
· Complies, maintains, and executes the policies and procedures of the Support Center.
· Monitors the health and status of all critical networks, systems, applications, and processes and proactively resolves or escalates the issue in a timely fashion and according to procedures.
· Develops, organizes, and participates in technical training seminars for products and applications for the user community.
· Contributes to an overall monthly Support Center first-level call resolution of 90%. Adheres to published SLAs for support assistance and resolution.
· Produces reports specific to Support Center functions, such as user calls by date, response times, status of calls (resolved, unresolved) and others as required for review in weekly support ticket review meetings.
· Provides guidance, leadership, and training to other team members regarding effective problem resolution.
· Monitors and updates Windows Active Directory in compliance with SOX audit controls.
· Communicates timely system outage and maintenance notifications to customer base according to established processes.
· Provides support-related process improvements in adherence with company-established policies and procedures.
· Provides end-user training for account establishment, backup and recovery processes.
· Performs all other duties as assigned.
· Must have 3-5 years of experience providing technical support to users and must be proficient with Microsoft Active Directory, and Microsoft Office.
· 4- Year college degree in Engineering or Technology preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
· Must have a working knowledge of Windows 2003 and 2008 based servers, Cisco-deployed networks and services, Citrix/Windows Terminal Services, and Symantec Ghost imaging software.
· Must be highly organized and display excellent oral and written communications skills.
· Must have excellent listening and customer service skills demonstrated by dealing courteously, logically and effectively with all clients requesting assistance.
· Incumbent must demonstrate the ability to work as an integral part of a work team and get along and cooperate with co-workers.
· Must be able to deal discretely and confidently with Support Requests involving Senior Management.
· Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment; process work rapidly, set priorities, work under pressure, and follow through with assigned tasks with limited supervision.
· Must be available to respond to support calls that are outside of normal business hours on a rotational basis.
· Must be willing to accept a work schedule with hourly demands which will vary as departmental workload fluctuates. Ability to work extra hours needed to complete assignments.
The position is located in downtown Houston. Please visit us at www.pxp.com and apply through our careers page.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER