Operations – Lompoc, CA
BASIC PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Monitor, operate, troubleshoot facility process equipment, and complete daily production reports. Identify maintenance work to be performed and document in maintenance program. Shut down and isolate equipment for repairs. Keep supervisors informed of operational issues. Comply with all Freeport-McMoRan Oil & Gas safety and environmental standards, comply with all regulatory requirements, and report any problems to supervisors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Responsible for oil and gas well producing operations including routine maintenance of the equipment and maintenance of the location to company standards, complying to environmental and safety regulations, keeping down time and operating costs to a minimum and keeping oil and gas production marketable.
· Perform the following functions:
· Monitor and operate oil and gas process facility.
· Must be familiar with process equipment such as: Pumps, Compressors, Two and Three phase separators, Process Heaters and Incinerators, Tanks, Amine systems, Sulfur Extraction systems, and Low Temperature Separation and Fractionation systems.
· Trouble shoot process problems and make minor repairs to keep process facility on line.
· Assist with the testing of safety instrumentation and equipment.
· Input daily production data into computer programs.
· Assist Lead Operator with all aspects of the Mainsaver maintenance program.
· Comply with all Safety, Environmental, and Regulatory compliance issues.
· Assist in overseeing of contractor related jobs and pre-job safety meetings.
· May perform other related duties.
· High School Diploma or equivalent required.
· 5 or more year’s operational experience in the oil and gas industry.
· Must be able to work rotating shift work.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
· Proficient in MS Office applications (Word, Excel and Outlook).
· Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and meet established deadlines.
· Must have mechanical ability.
· Familiar with environmental, safety and regulatory policies.
· Safety and H2S training.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER