Environmental Health & Safety Policy
PXP is committed to providing a work place that protects the health and safety of our employees and the communities surrounding our operations, and adhering to high standards of environmental quality: In fulfillment of this commitment, the Corporation will:
- Recognize that no business objective is so important that it will be pursued at the expense of safety, health or the environment.
- Comply with all laws, rules and regulations pertaining to the environment, health and safety, which are applicable to our business.
- Continually improve environmental, health and safety performance results with a management system designed to establish goals and assess performance.
- Verify compliance through self-monitoring programs and regular facility assessments, and in a timely manner, correct any conditions in our operations that have a significant adverse health, safety or environmental impact.
- Train and empower each employee to recognize his or her responsibility and accountability to perform all activities in a manner that is safe for the employee, their co-workers and the environment.
- Participate when possible with government on a federal, state and local level in creating reasonable and attainable regulations to safe guard the community, workplace and the environment.
- Assess potential environment health or safety liabilities prior to the lease, transfer or purchase of real property.
- Establish appropriate design, construction, operating and maintenance programs and practices to minimize risks, reduce releases and waste, increase energy efficiency, and conserve natural resources.
- Establish programs to analyze and mitigate risks, investigate significant environmental and safety incidents, and prepare for and respond to emergencies.
- Promote open communication throughout the organization, the community and with applicable regulatory agencies on environmental, health and safety matters.
James C. Flores
Chariman, President and CEO